Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots early this morning then backing to west 10 to 20 late this morning except west 30 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 this evening then becoming light Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 10 to 15 near noon Saturday and to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Scattered flurries ending this morning.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 5 Saturday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 1 tenth first-year ice in the western section.
Consolidated grey-white ice in sheltered bays along the southern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Sept-Îles.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today high 1023 mb located over the Midwestern
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday approaching low 984 mb located over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: