Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming southwest 20 to 30 near midnight then veering to northwest 15 to 25 early Friday morning.
Snow tonight and Friday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures minus 13 rising to minus 8 near midnight then falling to minus 18 Friday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4812N 6145W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice along the southern
coast and in the extreme western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 5:04 PM EST 27 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday trough located over Prince Edward Island
to the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 5:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Saint-Jean.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: