Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 18 February 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 15 this evening then to south 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 Monday morning then diminishing to southwest 20 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Monday evening.
Chance of flurries late this afternoon. Light snow overnight and Monday morning. Periods of light snow beginning Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 4. High Monday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4530N
5750W to 4700N 5750W to 4715N 5655W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
1 tenth grey ice except 1 tenth brash ice along the southern coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 February 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 February 2018 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EST today departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Pointe-des-Monts.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 7:00 a.m. EST Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Great Lakes.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Saguenay River.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: