Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 28 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northeast 15 to 25 early Saturday morning then increasing to northeast 30 to 40 near noon Saturday.
Snow Saturday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 26. High Saturday minus 15.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4818N 6122W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice along the southern
coast and in the extreme western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 11:34 PM EST 28 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 28 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday ridge located on a line east-west over
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight intensifying low 1004 mb located near
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday low 966 mb located near the Gulf of Maine.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: