Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 03 December 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots backing to south 15 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to west 35 to 45 near midnight except west 50 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming west 25 to 35 Sunday morning then diminishing to west 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Snow or rain beginning early this morning becoming rain this afternoon and ending overnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 6 Sunday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 2 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 03:00 AM EST 03 December 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 3 December 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today departing ridge located on a line north-south
At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located from James Bay to Lake
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday trough located from Hudson Bay to Ungava
Bay then to Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located over Manitoba.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: