Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 20 February 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 Thursday morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 Thursday evening.
Snow beginning early Thursday morning and ending Thursday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to minus 5 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W to Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4500N
6130W to 4430N 5835W to 4555N 5715W to 4720N 5850W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
8 new ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 2 tenths brash ice along parts of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 20 February 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located from New England to Ungava Bay.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 1003 mb located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 1003 mb located over New Brunswick.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: