Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 30 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 20 early this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Friday.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon and tonight.
Low tonight minus 6. High Friday minus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 3:00 PM EDT 30 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 30 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 2:00 a.m. EDT Friday departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 a.m. EDT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: