Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 09:09 PM EST 21 February 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots except west 40 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming west 15 to 25 late overnight except west 35 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 early Thursday morning then becoming west 15 early Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 10 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths grey ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 9:09 PM EST 21 February 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 21 February 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today high 1036 mb located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday high 1041 mb located over western Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: