Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 23 January 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 knots early this morning and to northeast 35 near noon. Wind diminishing to westerly 20 overnight then increasing to west 25 to 35 Wednesday afternoon.
Snow beginning early this morning and ending Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 17 rising to minus 5 after midnight then falling to minus 12 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4505N
6045W to 4605N 5925W to 4835N 6125W to 4945N 6000W to 5005N 5815W to
4820N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4810N 5850W. Sea ice north of the
7 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 03:00 AM EST 23 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 23 January 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Sept-Îles.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 996 mb located over western Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 974 mb located over Labrador.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: