Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 11 December 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots veering to northerly 15 near midnight. Wind northerly 15 Wednesday.
Low tonight minus 16. High Wednesday minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 11 December 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6210W to 4630N
6150W to 4705N 6400W to 4850N 6350W to 4925N 6515W to 4910N 6700W to
4955N 6605W to 4845N 6155W to 5115N 5740W to Newfoundland near 5040N
5715W. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4700N 6155W to 4715N 6220W to 4750N
6130W to 4735N 6105W to 4700N 6155W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 11 December 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 1:00 a.m. EST Wednesday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary ridge located from Lake
Saint-Jean to Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: