Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 24 January 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots becoming west 15 early Monday morning.
Snow ending near midnight. Flurries Monday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4625N 6105W to 4620N
6125W to 4600N 6150W to 4600N 6215W to Prince Edward Island near
4625N 6200W. Sea ice south and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6215W
to 4740N 6105W to 4745N 6135W to 4640N 6335W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N
6150W to 5025N 5825W to 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west, south, west and
north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W to 5015N
5745W to 4825N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4800N 5910W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice along parts of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 24 January 2021 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 975 mb located northeast of the Strait
of Belle Isle.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday dissipating low 995 mb located northeast
of Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located from James Bay to Lake Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located from James Bay to Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: