Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 06 December 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots tonight and Saturday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 December 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4630N 6440W to 4850N
6335W to 4850N 6110W to 5050N 5805W to Newfoundland near 5035N
5720W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 6 December 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary trough located from the
Strait of Belle Isle to Sept-Îles.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Superior.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday ridge located from Ungava Bay to Cape Cod.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: