Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 20 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 early this morning then becoming west 15 near midnight. Wind west 15 Friday.
Snow ending early this morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures minus 12 falling to minus 23 Friday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4831N 6307W to 4845N 6130W to
5011N 5835W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6457W to New
Brunswick near 4528N 6518W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
2 tenths new ice except 8 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths
grey-white ice in the southern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1007 mb located over Rimouski.
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing low 1005 mb located off the
Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today high 1046 mb located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday high 1039 mb located over Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: