Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 23 January 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to west 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 near noon Sunday.
Snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 8. High Sunday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4625N 6105W to 4620N
6125W to 4600N 6150W to 4600N 6215W to Prince Edward Island near
4625N 6200W. Sea ice south and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4630N 6215W
to 4740N 6105W to 4745N 6135W to 4640N 6335W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N
6150W to 5025N 5825W to 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west, south, west and
north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W to 5015N
5745W to 4825N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4800N 5910W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 8:25 PM EST 23 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 23 January 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 983 mb located near the Strait of
By 4:00 p.m. EST Sunday dissipating low 991 mb located over Cape
At 4:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 976 mb located east of the Strait of
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 978 mb located near the Strait of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
- Date modified: