Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 12 December 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northerly 15 knots becoming southwest 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning.
Low tonight minus 17. High Thursday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 December 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4540N 6215W to 4630N
6145W to 4705N 6400W to 4845N 6355W to 4920N 6450W to 4925N 6645W to
5010N 6520W to 4830N 6205W to 5055N 5740W to Newfoundland near 5010N
5735W. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4745N 6130W to 4715N 6215W to 4705N
6155W to 4735N 6110W to 4745N 6130W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 12 December 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located from Lake Saint-Jean to
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday ridge located from Saguenay River to
At 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over Lake Superior.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: