Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 19 June 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 20 early this afternoon and to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 10 to 15 overnight and to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday.
A few showers beginning Wednesday morning and ending near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 03:00 AM EDT 19 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 19 June 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today high located near Lake Superior.
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Wednesday high located near Cape Cod.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Hudson Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday cold front located from Natashquan to
New Brunswick then to Cornwall.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: