Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 23 February 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon then veering to west 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming light late this evening then increasing to easterly 10 to 15 overnight. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Sunday morning and to easterly 25 to 35 near noon Sunday.
Snow beginning Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
High today minus 5. Low tonight minus 14. High Sunday minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W to Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4445N
6220W to 4405N 6055W to 4450N 5910W to 4430N 5810W to 4515N 5705W to
4720N 5850W to 4635N 5620W to 4630N 5530W then eastward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths first-year ice near the southern
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 05:02 AM EST 23 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 23 February 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight low 996 mb located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 970 mb located south of James Bay.
At 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday building low 989 mb located over New
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: