West Scotian Slope - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to westerly 25 to 30 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late Friday morning. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Rain tonight and Friday morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 19 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4541N 5338W to 4541N 4842W to 4801N 4748W to 5100N
4800W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
western Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday weakening ridge located over eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 1004 mb located over northern Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday departing low 1010 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:38 PM ADT 19 May 2022 Strong to gale force easterly to northeasterly winds will develop
over southern maritime waters Friday as a low pressure system crosses
the southernmost part of the district.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: