West Scotian Slope - northern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 01 October 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 late overnight and to northeast 35 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5033N 5616W to 5030N 4830W to 5200N 4800W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
West Scotian Slope - northern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 01 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 1 October 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday dissipating ridge located over the eastern
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located south of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:08 PM ADT 1 October 2022 A trough of low pressure southwest of the region will move slowly
eastward to stall south of the marine district later tonight and
Sunday. Strong northeasterlies will develop over southwestern waters
tonight and will increase to gale force on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: