West Scotian Slope
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon then becoming northerly 15 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 25 overnight. Wind northeast 25 Tuesday.
Scattered showers this afternoon and this evening. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:20 PM EDT 22 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4700W to 4830N 4650W to 5100N 4735W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located over southeastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located over the Gulf of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: