West Scotian Slope
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 October 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 40 knots diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight then backing to westerly 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5619W to 5030N 5400W to 5130N 5045W to 5430N 5045W to 5800N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
West Scotian SlopeIssued 8:25 PM ADT 21 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 October 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Newfoundland to
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located east of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday building ridge located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM ADT 21 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over eastern waters will move to lie east of
the marine district by Monday morning. Gale force southerly winds
ahead of the trough will become strong to gale force northwesterlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau -
southeastern half, and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: