West Scotian Slope
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 June 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots early Monday morning and to southwest 15 to 20 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 25 early Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 June 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1015 mb located east of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight warm front from 1003 mb low located on
a line north-south over western New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday warm front from 998 mb low located on a
line north-south over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:08 PM ADT 17 June 2018 A developing low pressure system over James Bay will move eastward to
lie over Anticosti Monday evening. A warm front extending southward
from it will move over Nova Scotia Friday morning. Winds will
increase to strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and
will veer to strong to gale force southwesterlies behind it on
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: