Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwesterly 15 near midnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4911N 5354W to 5040N 4840W to 5640N 4920W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N
5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwestern ShoreIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1004 mb located near Anticosti Island.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1004 mb located northeast of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over the Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: