Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 near noon then veering to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to north 15 near noon Thursday and to light Thursday evening.
Showers this evening. Flurries beginning Thursday evening. Fog banks dissipating after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4748N 5248W to 4715N 4845W to 5015N 4700W to 5115N 4700W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5154N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5134N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located over the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing cold front located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM AST 21 February 2018 A cold front approaching from the west will make its way across
The marine district tonight to lie southeast of Laurentian Fan
By Thursday morning. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected behind the front. In addition over northern and
Eastern waters the northwesterlies will combine with cold
temperatures to give freezing spray.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect
For Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: