Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 February 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 25 near midnight then diminishing to north 15 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Showers ending after midnight. Flurries beginning early Thursday evening. Fog banks dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4748N 5248W to 4715N 4845W to 5015N 4700W to 5115N 4700W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5154N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5134N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 February 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight cold front located over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing cold front located south of
At 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday high 1043 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday high 1042 mb located over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:38 AM AST 22 February 2018 A cold front south of Nova Scotia will depart the district this
morning. Strong west to northwesterlies over the slope waters will
veer to strong northerlies in the wake of the cold front. Elsewhere
strong to gale force northwesterlies will diminish today and tonight
as a ridge of high pressure moves in from the west. Winds will
increase to moderate to strong southerlies late Friday ahead of a
trough of low pressure approaching from the Great Lakes region.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti. Freezing
spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore-eastern half,
Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait and all Gulf of
St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: