Issued 03:30 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northerly 15 to 20 near midnight then becoming northwest 15 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 late overnight.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots.
Thursday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Southwestern ShoreIssued 3:30 PM ADT 05 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 999 mb located over the
southwestern Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough from 990 mb low located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 PM ADT 5 June 2023 A low pressure system over southwestern waters will strengthen as it
moves to lie over the Gulf of St. Lawrence by Tuesday evening.
Gale force east to northeasterlies will develop north and east of the
low overnight tonight and Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: