Issued 08:00 PM AST 14 December 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 30 knots diminishing to westerly 20 near noon Friday and to light Friday evening.
Flurries or showers ending Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 14 December 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 14 December 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5540W to 5000N 5230W to 5400N 4700W to 5500N 4730W to
6000N 5900W to 6100N 5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 14 December 2017 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 958 mb located over Labrador.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 993 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday high located west of Long Island.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Friday high located west of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM AST 14 December 2017 Gale force westerlies will persist over northern waters tonight and
most of the day Friday as an intense low pressure system over
Labrador drifts northward. Elsewhere strong to gale force westerlies
will redevelop in the wake of a second fast-moving low pressure
system currently over Laurentian Fan.
Marine interests are advised gale warnings are in effect for Georges
Bank-southern half, West Scotian Slope-southern half, eastern shore,
Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait and all waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: