Issued 08:00 PM ADT 23 March 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to north 10 to 15 knots early Saturday morning and to north 20 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to northeast 30 Saturday evening.
Flurries beginning Saturday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5315W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4515W to 4715N
4515W to 5100N 4700W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 5130W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 23 March 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 997 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward away from the district overnight. Generally strong
northerlies in the Gulf of St. Lawrence this evening will increase
again to strong to gale force northeasterlies on Saturday as a ridge
of high pressure builds over Labrador.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou -
eastern half, and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: