Issued 03:30 PM ADT 03 August 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday morning.
Showers Wednesday afternoon and evening. Fog patches forming Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 3 August 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Aug estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5550W to 5345N 5345W to 5515N 5300W to 5755N 5555W to
5900N 5800W to 6045N 5130W to 5825N 4600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwestern ShoreIssued 3:30 PM ADT 03 August 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 3 August 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough from low located over Labrador
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough from low located over Labrador
Sea to Cape Breton Island.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday weakening ridge located over the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:34 AM ADT 3 August 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: