Issued 10:00 AM NDT 25 April 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 20 near noon Thursday then increasing to southeast 30 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4610N 5950W to 4640N
5930W to 4840N 6115W to 5010N 5845W to 4755N 5940W to 4650N 5840W to
Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4717N 5248W to 4515N 4700W to 4530N 4600W to 4630N 4430W to 4845N
4500W to 5015N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5913W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5745W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 25 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southern Labrador Sea.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located northeast of Belle
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Thursday approaching low 997 mb located over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: