Issued 10:00 AM NST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this afternoon except southeast 25 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to light Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Tuesday evening.
Rain or snow ending near midnight.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4359N 6440W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4715N 6300W to 4830N 6200W to
5000N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 24 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5140N 5055W to 5300N 4855W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 1003 mb located south of Cape Breton
By 10:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing low 1002 mb located over
eastern Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday approaching low 1012 mb located over the
Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NST 24 January 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest will cross
Eastern Newfoundland tonight before departing northeast of the marine
district on Tuesday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will spread
across southeastern waters ahead of the low and shift to strong
northwesterlies on Tuesday in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, and the Grand
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northeast Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: