Issued 03:00 AM NDT 20 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then becoming south 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 19 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4541N 5338W to 4541N 4842W to 4801N 4748W to 5100N
4800W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 20 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1003 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 1011 mb located south of the Grand
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday approaching trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM NDT 20 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest today and
track south of the Grand Banks tonight into Saturday. Strong to gale
force easterlies will develop over the Southern Grand Banks this
afternoon ahead of the low.
On Saturday evening, an approaching trough of low pressure over
Labrador will generate strong to gale force southwesterlies over the
northwestern marine district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: