Issued 03:00 AM NDT 22 May 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 overnight then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms this morning. Showers Monday. Fog patches forming this morning and dissipating Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4620N 5300W to 4620N 4725W to 4820N 4700W to 5100N
4735W to 5715N 5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday approaching low 1002 mb located over the
Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NDT 22 May 2022 A trough of low pressure over Labrador will generate strong to gale
force southwesterlies over Belle Isle Bank this morning. Winds will
diminish as the trough moves east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: