Issued 03:30 PM NST 27 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Flurries overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice near parts of the coasts.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 27 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located from Funk Island Bank to
Cape Breton Island.
At 3:30 p.m. NST today cold front located on a line north-south
over the southwestern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing cold front located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 991 mb located over northeastern
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing low 988 mb located east of Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 PM NST 27 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over Newfoundland is extending southwestward
across the Gulf of St. Lawrence this afternoon and will slide slowly
southward tonight and Tuesday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
can be expected to the north of this feature throughout the forecast
Meanwhile, a cold front will continue moving across the southern
marine district tonight. Strong to gale force southerlies can be
expected ahead of the cold front with moderate to strong westerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Gulf waters - southeastern halves, Southwest Coast, and
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, and Gulf - Port au
Port - northwestern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: