Issued 03:30 PM NDT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots except northwest 25 over western sections. Wind becoming north 25 this evening then backing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday morning.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 21 September 2023 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday trough located east of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today Hurricane Nigel 977 mb located at 42.5N
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing Hurricane Nigel 975 mb located
at 44.2N 39.1W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM NDT 21 September 2023 A trough of low pressure over the east cost of Newfoundland will
continue to move eastward to lie over the Grand Banks tonight. Strong
to gale force northeast to northwesterlies are expected in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle- eastern half, East Coast, Northeast Coast,
Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, and Northern Grand Banks.
At 12:30 PM NDT, hurricane nigel was located near latitude 42.2
north, and longitude 45.0 west, or about 420 nautical miles east
southeast of Cape Race. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 75
knots and central pressure at 977 MB. Nigel is moving toward the
northeast at 26 knots.
Hurricane nigel will continue to drift eastward this evening before
departing the marine area. Moderate to strong north to
northwesterlies are expected in the southernmost parts of the
Southern Grand Banks as nigel passes.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - eastern half
- West Scotian Slope - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: