Issued 03:00 AM NDT 28 May 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind east 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening then veering to southwest 25 near midnight. Wind veering to west 20 Sunday morning.
Rain ending Sunday morning. Fog banks dissipating near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 27 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4545N 4620W to 4710N 4510W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 28 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the northern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:05 AM NDT 28 May 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the west will track
northeastward to lie over Belle Isle Bank by Sunday night. Strong to
gale force east to southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
today and Sunday before diminishing and becoming southwesterly in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast- Cape St.
Francis and south, and Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: