Issued 03:30 PM NDT 19 June 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 25 knots except southwest 10 to 15 over western sections. Wind becoming west 25 this evening then diminishing to west 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind backing to southwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Fog banks dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 19 June 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM NDT 19 June 2018 A trough of low pressure over Central Newfoundland will continue to
track eastward across the marine district tonight. Strong to gale
force southwesterlies ahead of the trough will diminish by Wednesday
morning in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: