Issued 08:00 PM NST 17 January 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to southwest 30 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 near noon Monday.
Flurries or showers overnight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6240W to Prince
Edward Island near 4600N 6240W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6310W
to 4715N 6405W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N 6150W to 5040N 5820W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EST 17 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5151N 5607W to 5145N 5400W to 5700N 5400W to 5935N 5620W to
6430N 5530W to 6000N 5100W to 5640N 4725W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 17 January 2021 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located from Northeast Gulf to
the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Monday departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over southern Labrador Sea.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Monday approaching low 998 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM NST 17 January 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: