Issued 03:00 AM NDT 21 April 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to west 30 this morning then diminishing to northwest 20 overnight. Wind northwest 20 Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 21 April 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 994 mb located over western Funk
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 990 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 21 April 2018 A low pressure system moving northward over Western Funk Island Bank
will stall over the Belle Isle Bank this morning, then track eastward
out of the district tonight. Gale force northwesterly winds will
develop over northern waters tonight in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: