Issued 03:00 AM NST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to east 30 this morning then diminishing to northeast 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 overnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 20 Tuesday evening.
Snow or rain changing to scattered flurries or scattered showers overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5003N 6644W to 4959N 6144W to
5001N 5952W to 5125N 5737W to Quebec near 5125N 5737W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 3 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 997 mb located south of the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM NST 4 December 2023 A low pressure system located over south of the Maritimes will
elongate into a trough that will move to lie over the Southern Grand
Banks by this afternoon. Strong to gale force east to northeasterly
winds will develop north of the trough while westerly gales are
expected to its south.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: