Issued 03:00 AM NST 21 January 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 knots veering to north 20 this evening then to northeast 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Periods of rain or snow early this morning changing to periods of snow and ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Saturday morning.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 6 to minus 2 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:04 PM EST 20 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5115N 5140W to 5230N 4905W to 5425N 5115W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Avalon Peninsula.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located southeast of the Grand
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday building ridge located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NST 21 January 2022 A trough of low pressure over the Avalon Peninsula will track
eastward today and tonight. Strong to gale force southwesterlies
ahead of the trough will diminish in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Funk Island Bank, and the Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf - Port au Port, Northeast
Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: