Issued 10:00 AM NST 02 December 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming light Thursday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Thursday morning. Fog banks dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 2 December 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6645W to 4840N 6210W to
5015N 5915W to Quebec near 5120N 5800W. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EST 1 December 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5551W to 5045N 5315W to 5500N 5200W to 5900N 5700W to 6000N
5300W to 5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5610W to Newfoundland near 5136N 5556W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 2 December 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 998 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 994 mb located south of Ungava Bay.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM NST 2 December 2020 A low pressure system over Southern Quebec will move very slowly
northward today as an associated trough approaches the marine
district from the west. Strong to gale force south to southeasterly
winds can be expected ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: