Issued 10:00 AM NDT 19 June 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots and locally gusts to 45 over eastern sections. Wind diminishing to west 25 this afternoon and to west 15 to 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind backing to southwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Fog banks dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 10:00 AM NDT 19 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 19 June 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NDT 19 June 2018 A trough of low pressure over Western Newfoundland will track
eastward and cross the marine district today. Strong to gale force
southerlies will spread across the district today ahead of the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, and
Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: