Issued 03:00 AM NDT 21 September 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to east 15 to 20 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to east 25 Tuesday afternoon and to east 35 Tuesday evening.
Rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 20 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5618W to 5115N 4930W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 21 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 21 September 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today Hurricane TEDDY 963 mb located at 29.7N
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday Hurricane TEDDY 960 mb located at 36.6N
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located from the Gulf of St. Lawrence
to Funk Island Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
Maritimes to the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 21 September 2020 Hurricane Teddy is forecast to impact Newfoundland waters as a strong
post-tropical storm on Tuesday into Wednesday. Gale to storm force
winds are expected along with large waves and pounding surf,
especially along the South Coast of Newfoundland from the Burin
Peninsula to Port aux Basques beginning Tuesday evening.
At 3:00 A.M. NDT, hurricane Teddy was located near latitude 29.7
north and longitude 63.5 west, about 170 nautical miles
south-southeast of Bermuda. Maximum sustained winds were estimated at
90 knots and central pressure at 963 MB. Teddy is moving
north-northwest at 5 knots.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: