Issued 03:30 PM NDT 14 October 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots veering to southeast 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Showers Tuesday. Fog banks forming Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 14 October 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5205N 5542W to 5200N 5315W to 5400N 5100W to 5515N 5100W to
5700N 5600W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 14 October 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today high located over the Great Northern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday high located over the northern Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM NDT 14 October 2019 At 3:30 PM NDT, post tropical storm Melissa was located near 41.1
north and 50.0 west with a pressure of 1005 MB and maximum sustained
winds of 35 knots. Melissa will continue departing southeast of the
Grand Banks tonight while weakening. Melissa is not expected to have
any impact on Newfoundland waters. This will be the last statement
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: