Issued 03:00 AM NDT 17 April 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 25 knots veering to east 30 near noon then diminishing to east 20 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Sunday. Fog banks forming this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 April 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5016N 5954W to 5042N 5838W to
Newfoundland near 5042N 5725W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 16 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4736N 5241W to 4800N 5135W to 5250N 5025W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5800W to 6050N 5315W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5127N 5733W to Newfoundland near 5045N 5705W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 17 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating low 1007 mb located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 993 mb located east of Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located south of Cape Breton
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM NDT 17 April 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: