Issued 10:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots except northwest 25 over western sections. Wind becoming north 25 this evening then backing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday morning.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 20 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5345N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over the northern Grand
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today Hurricane Nigel 977 mb located at 41.2N
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight Hurricane Nigel 975 mb located at 44.2N
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM NDT 21 September 2023 A trough of low pressure over Eastern Newfoundland will move to lie
over the Grand Banks tonight. Strong to gale force northeast to
northwesterlies are expected in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank,
Funk Island Bank, and Northern Grand Banks.
At 6:30 AM NDT, hurricane nigel was located near latitude 40.6 north,
and longitude 47.8 west, or about 450 nautical miles southeast of
Cape Race. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 75 knots and
central pressure at 977 MB. Nigel is moving toward the northeast at
Hurricane nigel will pass southeast of the Grand Banks
Today. Moderate to strong north to northwesterlies are expected in
the southernmost parts of the Southern Grand Banks as nigel passes.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - eastern half
- West Scotian Slope - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: