Issued 03:30 PM NDT 25 October 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 late overnight and to light Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 25 October 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5125N 5530W to 5200N 5300W to 5500N 5030W to 5600N 5100W to 5700N
5500W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5610W to Newfoundland near 5136N 5556W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 25 October 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today Hurricane Epsilon 962 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday Post-tropical Storm Epsilon 975 mb located
south of Greenland.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 PM NDT 25 October 2020 Hurricane epsilon will transition to a post-tropical storm as it
moves northeast of the district this evening. Gale to storm force
northwesterlies in its wake will diminish to strong to gale force
tonight as epsilon moves further away.
Marine interests are advised a storm warning is in effect for
Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for East Coast,
Belle Isle Bank, funk insland bank, Northern Grand Banks, and
Southwestern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 P.M. NDT, hurricane epsilon was located near latitude 45.3
north and longitude 47.0 west, or about 265 nautical miles
east-southeast of Cape Race. Maximum sustained winds were estimated
at 65 knots and central pressure at 962 MB. Epsilon is moving
northeastward at 33 knots.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: