Issued 03:00 AM NST 22 February 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this morning and to southwest 30 near noon. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 overnight. Wind west 10 to 15 Sunday.
Flurries this afternoon and tonight.
Temperatures minus 7 rising to minus 1 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4747N 5247W to 4800N 4800W to 4900N 4720W to 5045N 4720W to 5530N
5130W to 6100N 5700W to 6300N 5400W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today dissipating low 1004 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located south of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today approaching trough located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NST 22 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over Quebec will cross Belle Isle Bank
Sunday afternoon. Strong southwesterlies ahead of the trough will
veer to gale force westerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters, East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis,
Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: