Issued 03:00 AM NDT 28 March 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 20 near noon then to north 25 near midnight except north 15 over western sections. Wind north 25 except north 15 over western sections Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4455N 6125W
to 4455N 5950W to 4615N 5835W to 4725N 5920W to Newfoundland near
4710N 5525W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths grey ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:42 PM EDT 27 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4600N 5130W to 4525N 4620W to 4700N 4420W to 4830N
4430W to 5100N 4550W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to
5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6004W to Newfoundland near 4900N 5825W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 28 March 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located over Northeast Gulf.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 996 mb located over
northwestern Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 1004 mb located south of
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located over the southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NDT 28 March 2020 A low pressure system over the Northeast Gulf will track northwards
to lie over the Northwest Labrador Sea this evening. Strong to gale
force east to southeasterlies to the east of the low and strong to
gale force northwesterlies to its west will diminish to moderate to
strong westerlies in its wake today.
A second low will move to lie over the Southern Grand Banks today.
Strong to gale force north to northwesterlies will develop over
eastern waters today and tonight in association with this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Southwest Coast and South Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: