Issued 03:00 AM NST 17 January 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to southeast 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 overnight then veering to southwest 25 Thursday afternoon.
Snow beginning this evening changing to showers and fog banks Thursday morning and ending Thursday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow and in fog banks.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 4 Thursday morning then falling to minus 1 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4555N
5935W to 4645N 5955W to 4725N 5910W to 4805N 6155W to 4840N 6145W.
Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4840N 6145W to 4910N 6125W to 4945N
6155W to 4950N 5840W to 4825N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4800N
5915W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Ice free except open water along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 January 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5400N 5718W to 5430N 5300W to 5700N 5500W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NST today departing low 999 mb located northeast of
the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 1020 mb located east of Cape Hatteras.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 1006 mb located over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today high located over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday high located east of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:42 AM NST 17 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, and
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: