Issued 03:00 AM NDT 16 October 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots with gusts to 30 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to light this evening. Wind increasing to east 15 to 20 Thursday morning and to east 25 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 35 Thursday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 15 October 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5200N 5555W to 5150N 5315W to 5400N 5100W to 5515N 5100W to
5700N 5600W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 16 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 16 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southwestern
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday approaching low 982 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM NDT 16 October 2019 A low pressure system will approach the marine district from the
southwest on Thursday. Strong to gale force easterly winds will
develop over southwestern waters late in the day on Thursday ahead of
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: